Over the past three years we have been working on a programme of continuous improvement to our factory equipment and facilities. The aim is to ensure that we have the most modern, efficient and effective manufacturing operation, to enable us to provide world-class products and services to our customers; specifically, the best quality, reliability, delivery performance and customer service.
We are now well down the road in this process; the benefits are being realized and are clearly visible.
- An additional state of the art laser welder
- Upgraded leak-checking equipment
- New bake stands for tube processing
- Power supply assembly data fitted with individual screens for the efficient access of assembly data
- New LED lighting for many of the manufacturing areas including the tubes cleanroom
- Upgraded environmental control systems for tube manufacturing
- New flooring across the whole factory (including Electrostatic Discharge flooring (ESD) for relevant areas) to provide a modern, clean and safe working environment
- New test equipment providing greater flexibility and improved scheduling
- The introduction of visual management boards in manufacturing areas to enable at-a-glance reports of key processes and activities
Our improvement activity has been carried out with the valuable support and encouragement of our Sharing in Growth (SIG) partners (the prestigious government funded initiative for top performing aerospace manufacturers). SIG provides concentrated and tailored training and development programmes covering leadership, engineering excellence, lean operations, quality supply chain management, strategic thinking and planning.